PayPal: Multiple Subscriptions

hostmoxy

I understand that PayPal cannot handle multiple subscriptions with a single payment (via standard PayPal payments account). That is not the problem.

The problem is that after a client pays for the first subscription (say a hosting package) and returns to the bill page, it says they still have a second subscription to pay for (say a domain name). You would think that the WHMCS system would update the PayPal subscription button for the second subscription, but it doesn't.

My questions:

1. How can I offer hosting packages and domain registrations using PayPal if they can never set up a subscription payment for the domain?

2. Is this a known issue? (a few searches on this forum brought nothing up)

3. How can this be resolved?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi, as far as i know and im using when there is an order for domain + hosting and your client pay with paypal. WHMCS create a subscription for the hosting and one time payment (as trial period) in paypal, so both of them are handled in the same process and one procedure for the payment. Paypal charge X amount (domain + hosting) one time and then create a subscription for the hosting amount only.

Hi, as far as i know and im using when there is an order for domain + hosting and your client pay with paypal. WHMCS create a subscription for the hosting and one time payment (as trial period) in paypal, so both of them are handled in the same process and one procedure for the payment. Paypal charge X amount (domain + hosting) one time and then create a subscription for the hosting amount only.

Thank you for your response, however, looking at the source code for the PayPal subscription button, it attempts to set up a trial amount for the initial domain payment, but on the actual PayPal payment screen (after clicking the button), the trial payment isn't there, just the hosting subscription payment.

I'm not sure what to do to remedy this.