Sending client emails

OK - I am a new user - I have searched the forums, the manual, and anywhere else I could think of - I still do not know the answer - help :?

Email Templates > Create new template > selected Domains

Set up an email aimed at giving clients a 30 day warning about domains, mainly because some clients have bought elsewhere and they forget that hosting does not include their domain renewal.

Having worked out that 'Merge Fields' meant fields that can be incorporated ready for merging I ploughed on with new found confidence. My plough has since hit a stone!

I go to client summary page > send email > the dropdown only shows the 2 templates in 'General'. Is this correct? Have I forgotten to configure something? Or do I have to place any manual emails into 'General'?

If I do have to put them in general why do I get a choice when creating the template?

Somebody help a newbie out please - I have spent a lot of time transferring and correcting data and I am sure I must be missing something simple here.

Thanks in advance.

David

3cellhosting.com

As far as I can see, only custom emails in general shows up there. When I ran into this I opened the custom email I created and did a copy and then created it again as "general" and pasted the contents. It is then available for send email in the client area.

Might want to suggest a feature to have other emails available for this drop down....I would vote for it :)

• WHMCS CEO

You can't send an email for a domain from the clients summary page - how is WHMCS meant to know which of the clients domains it should be sent for? You need to click the Domains tab and then send the email from there - the dropdown of available email templates is towards the bottom of the page.

Matt

Thanks Matt

I said it would be something simple - I was right - it was me :roll:

I needed to scroll a bit further. The edge of the box and the 'delete' option made me think I was at the bottom of the page - wrong - email choice is below that.

The reason I went to summary page is because that was all I could find in the manual.

Cheers

:lol: ...yup I did that a few times when learning WHMCS as well.

The WHMCS Manual has some handy tips but really does need to have a lot more detail. There are many things not in the manual that I have learnt from this forum, from Matt via support tickets, or just by accidently playing around with the database and code etc. and realising I could change or make something even better or more customised to suit my needs.

Its a tricky one though, who can afford the time to collate all this valuable information in the forums, etc and help put it into a more detailed manual?

Hey Matt, a bright idea :D how about creating a forum Section for TIPS/TRICKS/HOWTOS. A section that ONLY has answers though. Not the same as the "Customisation & Integration Questions" as the answers get lost amongst all the questions.

Perhaps those of us that then have a pearl of wisdom can post a HOWTO for everyone to browse. It may be a good source of data for adding to a future more detailed manual.

Cheers,

Paul