NullPointerException in client area

I have just completed a domain transfer for a client using my WHMCS reseller account with the Directi Registrar module. In their control panel the domain status is shown as "Status: Pending":

picture4zs3.png

The domain transfer has been approved but is in a queue at Directi, the status of the domain in my control panel there is:

Action Requested: Transfer of mydomain.com from old Registrar along with 1 year Renewal

Status of the Action: Could not Fetch Current Administrative Contact Email Address. Will attempt again every hour

I guess this problem will go away once the transfer has been finalised, but in the meantime, if I click the "Modify Domain Contact Information" I see an error on the next page, presumably coming from the Directi API:

picture3jn9.png

That`s very Expected beacuse WHMCS communicate with DirectI API and the API still don`t see the domain as it`s in transfer procedures...

So first you need to go to the old registrar and ask them to but a correct email in there administrative contact or the domain transfer will fail

It may be expected... but it's also ugly. There is nothing wrong with the admin email details as far as I can see (the domain actually originates from another reseller interface of mine with another registrar) but that is another matter. My concern here is the sort of message that is being given to my customers.

I also noticed that a similar error is shown if you have incorrect details in the registrar module - I definitely don't want my customers seeing "you have the wrong user name / password" type messages.

I've modified my clientareadomainwhois.tpl to be this:

[b]»{$LANG.clientareamodifydomaincontactinfo}[/b]</p>

{$LANG.clientareahostingdomain}: {$domain}</p>

<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=domainwhois">

<input type="hidden" name="sub" value="save">
<input type="hidden" name="domainid" value="{$domainid}">
{php}
       global $contactdetails;
       $this->assign('RegistrarError',in_array('error',array_keys($contactdetails)) ? true : false);
{/php}
{if $RegistrarError}
</form>

[b]Error:[/b] There was problem accessing the details for this domain.</p>

If the domain is pending registration or transfer finalisation this is normal - please try again later once you have received confirmation that the transaction has been processed.</p>

If the problem persists, please [url="./submitticket.php"]open a support ticket[/url].</p>

<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=domaindetails">
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="{$domainid}">
<input type="submit" value="<< Back" />
</form>
{else}
{foreach key=contactdetail item=values from=$contactdetails}

[b]{$contactdetail}[/b]</p>

<table width=100%>
{foreach key=name item=value from=$values}
<tr><td width=120 align=right>{$name}</td><td><input type="text" name="contactdetails[{$contactdetail}][{$name}]" value="{$value}" size="30"></td></tr>
{/foreach}
</table>
{/foreach}

<p align=center><input type="submit" value="{$LANG.clientareasavechanges}"></p>
</form>
{/if}

I haven't had a chance to test this template change with a working domain (my WHMCS is still in development and the one domain I have in there is still having trouble) but hopefully someone who knows a little more about the WHMCS internals can advise on this.

I'm also not sure if this template is used anywhere else... will find out once I've tested some more I guess.