clientareadomaincontactinfo.tpl

nay27uk

Can anyone please tell me wher I access the page that loads the clientareadomaincontactinfo.tpl as a client, I need to see it on screen so I can know if it looks ok in my new template im making, and dont seem to be able to find the page that lods it anywhere.

I have domains setup as the client but what page lods the above .tpl

thanks for that sujestion but it only gives a page that says

Unauthorized Access Attempt

I know I am a nusence but because I am having to move {if $statements} around and reorder things in the tables on the new template I needed to see what it looks like when loaded or if it loads at all

Edited by nay27uk

Yes was loged in sparky I also have a domain setup as the client I was loged in as.

I am having problems with the last 4 or 5 pages because I either cant access them or I dont know where to access them. most of them I am doing blind and will test them when we have more clients, I did not realy want the new template to go live without full testing but unfortunetly it looks like I have no choice.

One I am realy stuck on now is the contact.tpl I cant find a link anywhere for a contact us, only thing I can find is the presales questions link on the main portal page but that loads a diferent ,tpl that I have alredy compleated and have working, so where the link for the page that loads the contact.tpl is located I have no idea I have even tried adding contact.php to the end of my URL but that just loads up the presales contact form.

What would help people making new templates would be a list in the wiki explaining what page loads what .tpl file or to put it in better words a list outlining what .tpl file is asosiated to what .php file

I think the contact.tpl maybe a redundant one that WHMCS have forgoten to remove because one of the smarty tags points to he following in the lang file

If you have any pre-sales questions or want to contact us, please use the form below.

well the .tpl I have alredy done is for the presales questions page and jusat loads the ticket system

Edited by nay27uk

You can make use of the contact.tpl page in the /template/ folder. This allows users to submit a support ticket whether they are registered or non-registered.

It's simply a front end for the support system.

The main support ticket entry page is supportticketsubmit-stepone.tpl (which is called from submitticket.php)

Note:

You can set various support departments (if you have more than one) to appear depending on whether the user is logged in or not

.. /whmcs/admin/configticketdepartments.php?action=edit&id=n ( n is the support dept no)

WHMCS also provides a separate direct link option to the support system which can be pre-filled with information. This is useful for putting a link on almost any page you like.

http://demo.whmcs.com/submitticket.php?step=2&subject=Questions&message=Your_message_here

So you have a number of options to providing contact, all of which go into the WHMCS ticketing system (if you use that)

Trevor

thanks sohouk

Yes we have departments set for support thats why I am still misunderstanding the contact.tpl as we have it set so that presales questions go to sales department this can be done by anyone It does not mater if loged in or not but it still loads the supportticketsubmit-stepone.tpl

so I am still bemused by exactly what the contact.tpl is for, from what I gather you are saying is that this page would be loaded from say a link on my main website I.E the front end not the front end of WHMCS

It seems to me that as (nearly) all websites have some sort of contact page, contact.tpl is provided as a default contact page should anyone want it.

There is no requirement to use that one, but it's already made and good to go so probably a timesaver when setting up a site.

We make use of both the contact page as well as the direct links method in different circumstances.

We use the direct link method on pages where a user may want to submit a support ticket with a pre-defined subject.

We use the contact.tpl as a general ticket submission on our homepage.

Trevor