MailEnable VS SmarterMail

SilverNodashi

Hi all,

Can someone, who has used both MailEnable & SmarterMail (preferable the Pro / Enterprise editions) tell me which one

Upto now, we've used SmarterMail 5 as it came bundled with DotNetPanel and never really saw the need to upgrade to SM 6 or SM 7. But now we're moving over to Enkompass, which includes a Lite version of SM 5, which is a bit outdated for a new product.

We've had many problems with SmarterMail, but this could be due to DotNetPanel's bugs as well, I'm not sure.

I have considered MailEnable as an alternative due to the high price of both MailEnable and their support. The community support forum isn't the best in the industry either

So now I installed MailEnable Standard Edition to see how it works, and it seems fairly simple to use. The only real advantage I see of SmarterMail is that the webmail interface looks a bit more professional. BUT, should that really warrant the extra cost? Surely someone logs-in to check mail, not to marvel at a nice-looking web interface? From a normal IMAP / POP3 / SMTP point of view, both look & function the same to the client. So I don't think clients will pack-up and leave cause the webmail interface changed a bit?

But, if anyone has extensively compared these 2 on a functionality level, then please share your experiences with me. I would appreciate some feedback on this.

SmarterMail 7 Pro = $1099 (unlimited domain, to compare with MailEnable)

MailEnable 5 Pro = $349

SmarterMail 7 Enterprise = $1399 (unlimited)

MailEnable 5 Enterprise = $699

MailEnable 5 Enterprise Premium = $1098 (same price as SmarterMail Pro)

Is the extra $700 really worth it?

I take it no-one uses SmarterMail or MailEnable?

We use Smartermail, but have never tried Mailenable.

As far as SM goes, I think it's the slickest interface available, and you'd be surprised how many customers rate the webmail interface and prefer using it to Outlook.