Custom Field in Products/Services

munman

I'm somewhat new to WHMCS, so forgive me if this is a basic question (I couldn't find the answer anywhere in the documentation or forum).:roll:

I created a text area custom field in Products/Services. I now want to populate that field. Where can I access it? Do I need to add it to the admin area first?

My second step will be to output it to a quote, but I THINK I might be able to manage that, once I can actually populate it.

The field that I am adding will be used to store product detailed description. I realize that there is already a Product Description in Products/Services on the Details tab, but apparently it cannot be retrieved and output to a quote (at least that is what I was told by a reputable expert). The Product Group and Product Name are brought over to the quote as part of default functionality, but I need the details also.

Any help would be appreciated in this, as I have several hours into it already trying to figure it out. :(

I realize that there is already a Product Description in Products/Services on the Details tab, but apparently it cannot be retrieved and output to a quote (at least that is what I was told by a reputable expert)

You were misinformed, everything in the DB can be retrieved

However if this is for a repeated/common block of text/html/whatever you dont want a custom field, you just want to put the data in teh quotes.tpl

You were misinformed, everything in the DB can be retrieved

However if this is for a repeated/common block of text/html/whatever you dont want a custom field, you just want to put the data in teh quotes.tpl

I thought that was a strange reply by the person I bought the template from...:neutral:

Would you be able to tell me the code to put in the quotepdf.tpl file to retrieve the Product Description?

Coding here is not my strong suit.

Thanks much for the reply!:)