Ajax Order Form Floating Off The Page

dpweb

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello,

https://dpbloghost.com/whmcs/order/

The floating cart summary on the Ajax form is floating off the screen. I was unable to find the right place to correct it. What exactly do I need to do to get it on the page.

Thanks in advance.

Dustin

What browser, and screen resolution are you using?

I don't see this problem on my side, using your link

I spent a few hours yesterday with the AJAX cart. It throws errors in Firefox, and the JavaScript places the floating element outside of the 'track' (I guess that is what you can call it) in Chrome. Also, considering that the cart expands downward, it was a little confusing when elements expanded off the screen and the window scroll didn't move down with it (or maybe that is what was intended, but wasn't working as designed on my site)

I was actually surprised to see Chrome have issues...normally I see such errors for IE8 ;)

Also, mixing fixed and static elements and relative/absolute elements can be extremely tricky especially when you need to make it work atop someone else's changes (if you are using a custom template). If I had time, I'd mod the Ajax cart to feature a slideout element (probably from the right side), thereby avoiding the alignment issues that this design has. Though, to be fair, that wouldn't work on everyone's site either.

'Modern' seems to be a little bit more polished. I'm working with that now and it doesn't seem to be giving me any serious difficulties. I think the category expander is kind of counter-intuitive (I've changed this to just always show the categories), but otherwise the design seems nice.

• 1 month later...

I like the Ajax order form but the popup can float off the screen.

I seems to be resolution dependent.

On one computer with a resolution of 1280x1024 the floating box is well inside the screens limits. On another with a resolution of 1280x800 the top of the box only appears. If you scroll up quickly you can just catch its contents before it rolls back down the page again.

You certainly can't expect clients to hunt the box around the screen and the access to the product information. Access shouldn't be dependent of the resolution of the clients computer.

I've had to change the order form template to webform20.

Do WHMCS intend to change this so that client sceen settings do not nullify the usefulness of the Ajax form?