redham

Hello,

I would like to either place a splash page (with a continue button) when the client starts an order or be able to tell the client the best practice for placing a successful order in the page where they enter their information.

I want to tell the client:

Instructions for successful sign up: Q. What are some things I can do to insure my order isn't rejected?

1) You can't use a free email address. Use your ISP email account. Using a free email account will throw a flag on any order that increases the likely hood of the order being rejected.

2) Use your home telephone number. Cell phone numbers often show up as being located away from your residence.

3) Use a phone number that you have immediate access to. The fraud protection software will often call you and give you a verification code to enter on the order from

4) Never order using a proxy. Your order will never be accepted from a proxy site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

redham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Doesn't anyone have an idea of hoe to do this? I loose a lot of business because I have MaxMind and if they order from work they are often using a proxy and of course MaxMind will reject the order from a proxy.

Also, Many people will use their home phone or cell phone and won't have access to it so when MaxMind calls them with the 4 digit code to enter into the order form they don't hear the phone. Again, they are rejected.

I Think instructions in a place where they can't miss them such as when they are ordering will increase sales and decrease fraud attempts.

There is money to be made here. If some of you code heads would write this I would pay and then sell it for like $3 until I recoup my money and then just have it as a community add on.

redham

Yea,

I thought about adding it to the header but I think that would look funky. I might try it to see though.

What I really want is a pop up that they have to click a "Continue" button. I can do pop ups but don't know how to get it to come up in the middle of the order process.

redham