Client account created by mistake

redham

Here's the deal.

When a customer goes through the sign up process and then cancels before paying, a Client Account is still generated along with an "Order Confirmation" and a WHMCS "New Order Notification".

Is there anything that I can do to stop all this unless the customer actually buys or intentionally signs up?

Thanks

redham

• WHMCS CEO

redham: As soon as the order is placed by the customer - ie. they checkout - then the order confirmation email is sent. Payment is done after the checkout so it wouldn't currently be possible to get payment first.

generic: If you have setup set to instantly on order then the account gets setup regardless of payment or not. Only if you have it set to automatically create on first payment would the account not get setup if payment failed.

Matt

generic: If you have setup set to instantly on order then the account gets setup regardless of payment or not. Only if you have it set to automatically create on first payment would the account not get setup if payment failed.

Yea Matt I( found that but still I get the above emails and accounts.

I guess the upside is that I could send an email and try to entice them back again. ; )

redham

Matt

I dodnt know we had this type of option, i have it set up NOT to create anything automatically. Accounts are only created after I review them and then using the checkbox, create the account.

What I was refering to is that the users account is created in whmcs regardless if the payment was successfull or not, not the actual hosting account on cpanel.

I don't see anything wrong here... Except stupid users. :) Once the customer chooses to complete the order, they already have the total. there isn't any reason to continue unless they intend to purchase the account, but they do it anyways.

This also allows them to pay via other methods (such as mailing in a payment) in which case the user account in WHMCS needs to exist and everything will remain pending until their payment is posted.