Configuring Additional Sites With Unique IPs

BrianLayman

I want to offer unique IP addresses to each of my pro level accounts. Pro+ is the same as Pro except that they have larger thresholds and they can have up to 5 separate sites - each with their own IP address.

In order to do this the additional sites cannot be add-on sites in WHM, because add-on sites share IP addresses. What is the best way to allow a customer to order an additional site through WHMCS an have it be:

1. Free

2. A separate WHM site

3. Restricted to the limits of original pro+ account

4. Limited to the 5 accounts they can get.

And if none of that is possible, how do I fake it? Can I do any of this through the reseller options?

I'm not aware of what rir/lir rules apply in my situation. So I can only say that the driving force (and selling point) on the matter is that the pro and pro+ accounts are SSL enabled and come with a Class 2 WildCard certificate specific for their domain. Having unique IP addresses is the cleanest way to get vhosts, cpanel, suphp and certificates to cooperate - some say the only way. The selling point is that they can lock down email, FTP and even wp-admin to SSL access only.

-o>is that the pro and pro+ accounts are SSL enabled and come with a Class 2 WildCard certificate

>specific for their domain

Would you also be looking to include the 5 SSL certificates automagically ?

As to the first problem - you'll be providing them a reseller account, limited to 5 accounts by resource, with only 1 selectable package, and very limited whm options/featurelist

- or adding the others manually.

The reseller route makes perfect sense. thank you.

I will be generating and applying the certificates manually, I've got that worked out but thank you for the offer of assistance on that..

So it seems my next mission is to research how the reseller accounts make orders/purchases under their account. I've done some digging in the documentation but not come across that yet. If anyone is feeling generous with some links to information it would be greatly appreciated.

I really do wish the WHMCS documentation was a little more use-case based...