Payment confirmations not being sent...

Since upgrading to v3 (i am currently running 3.1.2) WHMCS has stopped sending out email payment confirmations?

All other scripts that send mail on this server work fine - it's just since the upgrade to v3 that it has stopped - is there an option to somewhere to enable / disable them that I have missed?

The only invoice setting change I have made since upgrading is to activate PDF invoices - but I don't think that this should cause the problem? I have disabled PDF invoices now to see what happens...

I just want to point out that I have been through the server logs for errors and there isn't any so I guess that means that WHMCS isn't trying to send the confirmations for some reason... It does send out invoices on time and other emails - just not payment confirmations?

We had the same sort of thing this morning - possibly due to the cron job timing out, as we didn't get the usual cron e-mail:

A customer (who pays by card) made an order yesterday but didn't pay, so the daily cron took the payment automatically today and marked the invoice paid, but no credit card payment confirmation e-mail was sent. I'm fairly sure it should still send a payment confirmation e-mail in this situation.

Apart from that it all works fine. We're on v3.0 so this probably isn't related...but just incase :)

The invoices are paid by PayPal - most of them are automatically marked as paid via the paypal IPN system and some of them we need to manually mark as paid (because they were setup to use IPN on our old MB billing system). In both instances no payment notification is sent...?

The cron seems to be running normally and I am still getting the cron reports every morning...

The "create invoices for subscription payments when received" is ticked and the payment notifications were not sent either automatically OR manually from the admin section.

The weird thing is - they seem to be working okay again now... I have just processed a payment manually via the admin section and the payment confirmation was sent. The only change has been to TURN OFF pdf invoices?