Kashflow Module problem

RikeMedia

Hi,

I've tried the WHMCS Kashflow module however it seems to have a major flaw.

My 'primary' currency on Kashflow is GBP (as all our accounting is UK based). Our hosting services are in USD.

There doesnt seem to be anywhere to set the Kashflow module to use a currency you choose. When our cron job runs, it pulls through all the sales as GBP, when they were in USD.

Anyone found a way to overcome this problem? The module ends up being useless if it cant sync the data in the correct currency :?

Hi,

Not that it is of any help to you but we had several problems to start with and spent considerable time debugging in conjunction with Matt and Duane (over at Kashflow).

We operated in GBP but had a couple of invoices generated in EUR and noticed the same issue. We ended up just operating in GBP entirely. I've asked the question of Kashflow because from what I can see, it is an API issue their end .. http://accountingapi.com/manual_methods_InsertInvoice.asp

I cannot see any parameter to pass in the currency type, yet with GetInvoice you do get the currencycode back.

Will let you know what Kashflow say.

Stand corrected .. looking in the wrong place, http://accountingapi.com/manual_class_invoice.asp shows that you can set the currencycode.

Response from Kashflow:

"Our <Kashflow> API does support foreign currency invoices. You just set the CurrencyCode element on the InsertInvoice call to the relevant currency (EUR). AS long as you have this currency set up in your account (Settings - > Currencies) then it will go in in that currency.

You should however set the line net and VAT amounts as the converted amount in your home currency, and include the exchangerate in the ExchangeRate element of InsertInvoice."

We've decided to not use multiple currencies at present so not a pressing issue for us but maybe you want to log a support ticket with WHMCS regarding this?

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Matt a month or so ago before 4.4.1 came out. They were looking at a late Jan/Feb time for a fix. Basically from what I gather when the WHMCS module was created, the multi-currency API support didnt exist in kashflow and the module just needs an update to send the currency code through.

Really hope it gets sorted soon - its got to the point where I've had to consider alternative options :/