How do I turn off automation?

rbro

I've recently done a test import of my clients from Modernbill and have been doing some testing. I can't seem to stop emails from being sent and various automated functions from taking place. I went through the automation settings and unchecked everything. Nothing is checked under "automation settings". I made sure there were no crons running on the server. Yet invoices were sent, credit card charges were attempted, overdue notices were sent etc. What am I missing? What do I need to do to disable all automation and to stop all of this from happening?

Here's what my sys-admin says:

"That is not Cron sending those or running anything for whmcs.

I turned on Cron logging 2 days ago and just checked the logs and it did not run anything on 4/15/2007 at 12:24 or any other time.

So it has to be whmcs itself doing it somehow."

Any ideas?

My idea....

I had similar issues with a person who signed up and then left the same day. If you dont mark the invoice as paid, it will still try to charge and send out late notices. Additionally a $0.00 dollar invoice will try to charge (fixed in an update per matt).

You need to find and delete (or marked as paid) those invoices tiggering the automation.

My idea....

I had similar issues with a person who signed up and then left the same day. If you dont mark the invoice as paid, it will still try to charge and send out late notices. Additionally a $0.00 dollar invoice will try to charge (fixed in an update per matt).

You need to find and delete (or marked as paid) those invoices tiggering the automation.

Automation shouldn't be triggered by anything if all the automation settings are turned off and there are no crons running on the server (unless there's some logic I'm missing here). Secondly, I think there should at least be an option to not have invoices, emails and charge attempts for inactive clients. We're still in a testing phase and haven't had the chance to clean out cancelled accounts, mark them as terminated etc., but that's why I went in and turned all the automation settings off. If automated invoices, emails etc. run regardless of what the automation settings are, there's no real point in having those settings as far as I can tell.