to www. or not to www.

not really a bug, and not sure if you did this because it may be a sub domain, but i noticed different linking methods within whmcs for the same thing.

on the product and services page the url link "www" links to the url without the www.

i.e. domain.com

on the domains page the "www" links to the url with the www.

i.e. http://www.domain.com

still using 3.0.0

sorry i guess i was not that clear... not my whmcs installation itself, i am talking about links when managing your clients.

in the admin area go to one of your clients, the domains page link to the clients url and and the product and services link to the clients url are different. one uses thw www, one does not.

sorry i guess i was not that clear... not my whmcs installation itself, i am talking about links when managing your clients.

in the admin area go to one of your clients, the domains page link to the clients url and and the product and services link to the clients url are different. one uses thw www, one does not.

I still don't understand your question....

From,

Adam

1. log int your whmcs admin area.

2. click on any clients profile.

3. click the products/services tab

click on the red "www" to the right of the clients domain.

That link to your clients domain does not use "www." in the url its only

http://domain.com

Now

1. click on the same clients domains tab. (if your client has a domain with you)

2. click on the red "www" to the right of the domain.

THAT link to the clients domain uses the "www." in the link. i.e.

http://www.domain.com

See it now? One link uses the www, one does not.

im sorry, next time i will ask you first before making a post in the bug form.

what is with everyone here these days... my god, someone makes a post about something and everyone gives their 2 cents. I know its a forum, but this is the bug report forum. I did not ask for someones opinion, i didnt post this in the "help me" forum, i posted in the bug report forum.

I was trying to report an issue, no matter how small it may be or what you may feel about it. I thought you were trying to assist, now i see you were just pulling my chain.

Please leave matt respond to bug reports.

Matt your losing customers to people like this, im sick of it lately, im out of here....

im sorry, next time i will ask you first before making a post in the bug form.

what is with everyone here these days... my god, someone makes a post about something and everyone gives their 2 cents. I know its a forum, but this is the bug report forum. I did not ask for someones opinion, i didnt post this in the "help me" forum, i posted in the bug report forum.

I was trying to report an issue, no matter how small it may be or what you may feel about it. I thought you were trying to assist, now i see you were just pulling my chain.

Please leave matt respond to bug reports.

Matt your losing customers to people like this, im sick of it lately, im out of here....

Hey,

Um, I wasn't "pulling your chain at all". I didn't understand what you were trying to post a few times and responded (maybe I'm stupid?). I never put you down in anyway, shape or form at all. I was responding because if I couldn't understand your question, I'm sure other people would have as well. Your last response was clear and to the point.

I never intend for any of post to come with a negative effect to them. My last reply (which I'm guessing you are talking about) was simply saying yes you are correct their is a bug, but its not a big one. The doesn't matter part was saying most websites work both with and with out the www. However a few sites depending on their DNS settings do not have the www as an A entry and you will need to use with out www. (very very very rare).

Also, this is a customer to customer forum. If you feel that you do not get along with me or other customers who use the forum you don't have to use it. Their is always the ticketing system which you are able to get help and report bugs from a WHMCS Staff Member.

If you are going to leave WHMCS because another customer didn't understand your question, I'm not sure what anyone can say to change your mind.

From,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO

This isn't a bug. On the domains page, it will always be a domain - ie. yourdomain.com, so http://www. can be prefixed. On the products page however, it could be a subdomain being hosted - eg. yourname.yourdomain.com - then it has to be just http://. It really shouldn't make any difference anyway.

Matt