Active client drop-down

rbro

What is the relationship between the active client in the pop-up above the client profile screen and the client whose information is in the actual client profile? It seems to me that the active client pop-up is merely a navigation tool to "load" another client into the client profile screen. If that's the case, then I think "active client" is a misleading and confusing label, as it can be different from the client in the client profile section. But then again maybe I'm completely wrong and it serves some other purpose. If I'm right however, I think the label should be changed to something short and sweet that translates to "CLICK HERE TO GO TO ANOTHER CLIENT" or something to that effect as opposed to active client.

<edited the subject as I don't know the difference between my pop-ups and my drop-downs I guess>

Hey,

What is pop-up? I don't get any pop-ups when visiting the WHMCS Admin area.

However, I think you mean the drop down box for the Status of the client.

The client is either Active or Inactive. Its that simple. You can use for what ever you would like. Active clients are active, they can receive and login to the client area. Inactive clients are in the system, but do not get emails and can't login to the client area.

That easy!

From,

Adam

Yeah, I meant drop-down. First of all I found out the hard way last night (after doing a test import from mb) that inactive clients DO get emails. Their packages need to be set to terminated to stop the emails. Secondly, the drop-down doesn't always correspond to the client below it. I think (after playing around with it a bit) that if you click on an inactive client (say from view/search clients) then that client will load up into the client profile area, but the drop-down will list the first active client alphapbetically, so they are different. Maybe it's designed that way for a reason, but it's confusing to me.

Ahh, ok I see now - when a client is inactive, they are not in the "Active Client" list, so it defaults to the first entry in the list. Still makes sense not to have them listed in the active client list if they are not active.

Doesn't really make sense to have the drop-down just list active clients though.