[NOT A BUG] Free Domain offer bug

WebzPro

Free Domain offer bug

I had some packages this year where I offered a free domain for life as long as the customer renewed the hosting package for an additional year.

Settings under the packages were set to the following.

Offer a free domain registration/transfer and free renewal (if product is renewed)

I have a customer yesterday manually pay the invoice on the due date. Renewed but the domain renewal does not go through. Do not renew was checked, on normal foaming registrations we force customers to choose if they want the domain to be renewed. I manually renew the domain and uncheck the do not renew so when the customer pays the following year the domain will renew. Payment was made domain was renewed. Case closed right wrong. Cron runs that night and gives him an additional year on the already renewed domain.

2nd case.

Customer card has failed so his hosting package has not been renewed renew do not renew domain was unchecked. So you would think that as long as the bill has not been paid the domain will not be renewed. Wrong, the cron runs last night and renews his domain even though the payment has not gone through and the package was not renewed.

Domain Renewal - >>>>>>>>..com - 1 Year/s (11/09/2010 - 11/08/2011) $0.00 USD

------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $0.00 USD

Credit: $0.00 USD

Total: $0.00 USD

Amount: $0.00 USD

Transaction #:

Total Paid: $0.00 USD

Remaining Balance: $0.00 USD

I have a ton of these coming up now and looks like I will have to renew domains manually for those who have paid.

Using ResellersClub.

One time Free Domain works with no issues.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

You musn't turn off auto renew for free domains as otherwise they won't invoice with the package as is required to invoke the auto renewal on renewal of the package.

And for the 2nd case, it sounds like the product and domain next due dates had become out of sync? It is important that does not happen and it shouldn't unless any manual changes are made. The dates need to be in sync so that the 2 items invoice together and thus the domain only renews, when the package is renewed.

Matt

In the first case auto -renew was off. When it didn't renew when he paid his bill I turned auto-renew on for that account. Auto-renew was off, he paid his bill manually domain did not renew.

2nd case no the dates were exact. Both due dates were set to 11/9 but that could have been the auto-renew.