What do you use groups for?

Hello all,

Just getting here from MB and wondering how we can set up everything to work like we need it to work and had a few questions.

First, what is a "product group" and how/what do you use it?

Is it by server? By package type? How do you use it for your business and why?

We have a few shared servers and adding another one soon. We have more than a few VPS / Deds and some Windows servers with Cisco Pix on there.

How do we seperate all of them? Is this what groups are used for? Can we copy one plan from one group (server) to another and how do we keep them straight?

TIA

Deborah

Groups (as I understand and use them) are to separate types of products both in the order form your customers see as well as when creating/editing products. i.e. a group called "Hosting Packages" for all your normal webhostong plans. Another group called "Reseller Packages" for your reseller plans, and another called "Dedicated Servers" for your dedicated server offerings.

Groups are purely cosmetic - used to separate and organize your products. You can have a single group, or multiple, that's up to you.

On your order page, your customers will chose the group from the dropdown menu to view the plans in that group. (i.e. they select Reseller Packages to view your reseller plans)