Pro-rata

welch

I would like to see the pro-rata option also bill one month in advance. Since we use billing cycles i think it would be best to fit the customer into the pro-rata price then one month ahead. Now if someone signs up for service a week or so before the bill cycle, soon after they get another one and then have to explain what pro-ration means.

• WHMCS CEO

It already does this? This is what the charge next month option is for. You enter 20 in this field and if the customer orders after the 20th day of the month they get charged to the 1st of the next month, and then the whole next month, to avoid making the payment amount too small.

(Moved to Discussion)

Matt

If this is the case, it it not setup correctly and does not reflect true pro-ration. Any day should bill to bill cycle date and one month ahead. For example, if you sign up for cable tv, doesn't matter what day you sign up you get billed to nearest bill cycle and then one month ahead. Should not be limited to one specific day and there after. It appears that now if you have a billing cycle say on the 14th of every month, the bill one month ahead ends after the current month. So on the 1st, the bill one month ahead quits. Still think this is a feature request.

You can set your prorata date to 1 and set the charge next month to 1 also, this way no matter when the customer signs up - on the 1st of the month, or on the 20th of the month, they will be billed for the remainder of the current month plus the following month, and will not be billed again until the 1st of the third month.

I currently have mine set to the middle of the month, so anyone who signs up before the middle of the month, only pays the current month pro-rated. If they pay after the middle of the month, they pay the prorated remainder of the month plus the following month.

Now if only add-ons were pro-rated also :)

You can set your prorata date to 1 and set the charge next month to 1 also, this way no matter when the customer signs up - on the 1st of the month, or on the 20th of the month, they will be billed for the remainder of the current month plus the following month, and will not be billed again until the 1st of the third month.

I currently have mine set to the middle of the month, so anyone who signs up before the middle of the month, only pays the current month pro-rated. If they pay after the middle of the month, they pay the prorated remainder of the month plus the following month.

Now if only add-ons were pro-rated also :)

Your right. If your billing cycle is on the first then it would work. And again, if they buy before the 15th (which is mine) they are only charged till the 15th. If its after the 15th and before the 30th they get charged pro-ration and one month ahead. I would like to see it always bill one month ahead and pro-rate to date. The only time it sholdn't billone month ahead is if someone signed up on the 15th. This makes it very easy and nice to manage disconnect clls and billing questions on a certain week during the month then having it everyday.

Maybe what would be an easier solution is possibly having more than one billing cycle.

I have integratted my installation to communicate with the SeaChange VOD system and the Motorola DAC to offer specialized content and being able to offer two billing cycles would enable me to send out invoices that would match up with others.