Customer Options

bradandersen

Question

Hello,

I'm a bit confused on how "Configurable Option" and "Product Addon" work. I'm used to LPanel where the package details are listed for each client and you can modify them and push them to WHM.

For example, if a customer orders extra disk space or bandwidth - how does that customer get that extra disk space? Do I have to create a custom package with their extra disk space and/or bandwidth and then change their package? This could lead to hundreds of different combinations and packages.

Can't I modify the different package options for each client?

Or, what am I not understanding about Options and Addons? Do I need to make changes in WHM instead? The problem is that WHMCS should be the master record and contain the true account information. And, since creating a new package in WHMCS doesn't create one in WHM - that would be an issue.

Thanks,

Brad

1 answer to this question

• WHMCS CEO

If you allow clients to upgrade disk space without upgrading their package then you would have to manually update their disk space allowance in WHM and have it setup as a configurable option on the package in WHMCS so you can track how much they have.

Matt