Wanted: Beta testers for BaseCamp Integration with WHMCS

deathrequest

Hey all,

Since I was about to bill my clients for a lot of Projects inside my BaseCamp account, I developed this module with WHMCS to integrate BaseCamp with WHMCS. Now, as the module is getting final shapes, I thought I would release it for everyone.

I am looking for beta testers for this module.

Presently, the module is able to do the following things:

- Show Your Project details on Module's home screen.

- Import your BaseCamp clients to WHMCS (no companies) - Import single client, all clients or delete all.

- Detects your STAFF based on your BaseCamp account, while importing.

- Import a list of your time logs from BaseCamp and show them in a very neat way for invoicing.

- You can define separate rates for your time logs, before invoicing. Please note that, invoices can only be made for Persons and not companies.

- Previous invoices for these BaseCamp time logs are shown with a link for them in WHMCS.

Here is what the module can not do, until 37signals change their API:

- Import clients from WHMCS to your BaseCamp account.

- Import list of invoices or which time logs have been invoiced, etc.

I would be interested in more feature ideas to implement into this module, as well as I am looking for Beta Testers for this module.

Now, please understand that this is one of my first releases on WHMCS, and I am really looking for any ideas that may help me achieve success with this module.

If you are interested in helping test this module, please contact me. I am looking for around 3 to 5 testers for this.

- Nikhil Gupta

nikhil@wickeddevelopers.com

Gtalk: mestoic

MSN: nikhil@wickeddevelopers.com

I am thinking hard on how to release the module though. Here are a few of the viable options for me.

- Open Source Module - (since, the module first shaped up from my own needs without sells actually being the criteria)

- Monthly low rates - (since the module deals with BaseCamp, which in itself is a high order Monthly model) :P

- One time charge - (since this seems to be the general trend for most WHCMS commercial modules)

I would love to hear your thoughts on this as well..

Regards

Nikhil Gupta

Edited by deathrequest

EDIT:

Added the following features:

- Stronger encryption to store encrypted passwords for the API in database.

- Projects have their own Profile page, from where a comprehensive information about the project can be obtained.

- previous time log entries that were invoiced are now more easily linked with the corresp. invoices..

- various usability and bug removals.

Will be posting pictures sooner, if anyone is interested.

All in all, I am nearly developed with it, and would like to know if someone is really interested in using this module :)

We could certainly use this module. Are you still looking for beta users, we use Basecamp heavily and a sync would be helpful for us?

Although a WHMCS "push" to Basecamp would be more helpful, I'd like to see this module in action as we create a client in WHMCS first then in Basecamp. We use WHMCS for billing purposes before it becomes a project. Perhaps a Highrise integration would work as well. The best scenario: Highrise->WHMCS->Basecamp. (Lead->Quote/Invoice->Project Management) work flow.

This would work great because there currently is no way to get clients from Highrise to Basecamp, a glaring flaw in 37signals functionality. Let me know if my company can help in some way. Thanks for championing this project it is definitely needed.

EDIT:

Added the following features:

- Stronger encryption to store encrypted passwords for the API in database.

- Projects have their own Profile page, from where a comprehensive information about the project can be obtained.

- previous time log entries that were invoiced are now more easily linked with the corresp. invoices..

- various usability and bug removals.

Will be posting pictures sooner, if anyone is interested.

All in all, I am nearly developed with it, and would like to know if someone is really interested in using this module :)

Hey jjmyers.

I can definitely use the bug testing. I had a word with Basecamp guys, and they are ready to include it in the official extras list, but I definitely want it to be beta tested first thoroughly.

Presently, as you've said a HighRise to BaseCamp flow is not possible. Along with, a push from WHMCS to BaseCamp is certainly possible, but that is available only for messages, tasks, etc. A project can not be opened via the BaseCamp API anyways, nor can a client be added or deleted from BaseCamp.

So currently, the module is only one way push from Basecamp -> WHMCS.

If that somehow interests you and you would like to Beta Test this module,

I am available at: nikhil@wickeddevelopers.com

Let me know, please.

Regards

Nikhil Gupta.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like their site is down at the moment, this is the problem with some developers, just hope any of their other modules are not encoded to do license checks.

Whats worse is that the guy is still active on these forums, he just chooses to ignore us and his project.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...