Coupon for Charity???? ($$$)

salty

When a promo code is used would you like WHMCS to display details of it's benefit on the order form?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. When a promo code is used would you like WHMCS to display details of it's benefit on the order form?

• yes
    • no
    • don't really care

WHMCS, in all it's glory (I personally love it), is kinda limited with it's ordering system when compared to normal online purchasing. Matt has seemed to make up for these short coming by the amount of SMARTY tags that can be implemented to serve as a work around for more advanced customizations. My question though, may not be achievable by almost any shopping cart....

Background: My site donates 10% of every hosting order to a local Sea Turtle rescue charity. I would like to offer my future customers a choice of either 1/2 of their first month, or because it is a strong local issue, to donate 100% of their first month's bill to the charity.

Issue: This (to my limited knowledge) cannot be done with the promo code system because the client still needs to be billed 100%. Is there any other way that can record if they want option 2, short of a custom field placed with the rest?

I can also foresee problems with clients attempting to select both, since they are not on the same "system". :?

I would think that this is of a low importance to virtually everyone compared to development in other areas of WHMCS.

$$$: So here's the money part comes in. I am willing to pay someone for their time if they can develop a hack or something that will allow me to use a promo code to donate to charity and still collect 100%. I would also like to release it publicly, if it is alright with Matt of course. :)

Happy Easter all! :D