Send email with new password

Trekkan

Short explanation.

We're switching to WHMCS and going through the import/integration pains.

We have the passwords in a DB table from our existing system, they are stored in their MD5, no salt mode. My understanding is, that in order to get these to hash properly, there's pretty much no way to add them to WHMCS and have them work. The reason would be that there's no way to add the salt to the hash at this point.

I tried setting it so that it was stored as md5hash: basically leaving off the salt, but that didn't work.

Because we can't get the old passwords to work with the new system, we've decided that the best idea will be to send the customer an email with a new password (however poorly that looks to our customers).

So...

When looking at the documentation there's a sendMail API.

The Sendmail API isn't really very detailed in the documentation.

messagename - unique name of the email template to send from WHMCS

id - related ID number to send message for

I guess the messagename is how the correct template is identified? Seems weird not to use a uniqeid for the template.. Then again, I might be reading this wrong?

And id... I would assume that's the clientID, but the description here, I don't understand.

So the short version is, I want to send all of my customers an email with a new password they'll need to use in order to log into WHMCS. How do I do it? =)