Adjust CSS for clientarea.php

PsyberMind

Ok, first, I know I can't touch the php files, but it seemed to be the best way to ask

How can I edit the CSS for the nav menu when a user is logged in? take a look at my work so far and I'll make a test user of test@psyberhost.net/test123 for the next couple of days, so you can see what I mean

When a user is logged out, it looks great, because the top menu isn't there. But as soon as you log in, you see what I mean.

I've looked at the CSS, and the closest class i can find is #top_menu. but no matter what I do to it, I can't seem to get the dang thing updating.

FireBug is no help either, as it will only highlight the menu item itself, and it's nothing but an unordered list item.

So where do I change this darned thing?

Okay in fact I've just done the same thing on my new site...but are you trying to change it or get rid of it?

If you want to get rid of it just comment it out in the footer.tpl file.

If you want to edit it i.e. reduce the space between the titles then edit the <ul class="nav">

That should do it.

Ok, first, I know I can't touch the php files, but it seemed to be the best way to ask

How can I edit the CSS for the nav menu when a user is logged in? take a look at my work so far and I'll make a test user of test@psyberhost.net/test123 for the next couple of days, so you can see what I mean

When a user is logged out, it looks great, because the top menu isn't there. But as soon as you log in, you see what I mean.

I've looked at the CSS, and the closest class i can find is #top_menu. but no matter what I do to it, I can't seem to get the dang thing updating.

FireBug is no help either, as it will only highlight the menu item itself, and it's nothing but an unordered list item.

So where do I change this darned thing?

I think these are client area nav links.

If I was you, I would go into header.tpl and delete two of the links so that it fits.

I havent logged in but if im right in thinking the your links are wrapping to a second row.

I have this issue also but i have a solution to that, Im going to use some css dropdowns and relocate some links.

Ive now looked..

Can i ask you something? ok im going to anyway..

Why are you creating the second list set? see that green link area above it? reckon your nav links would look mighty nice replacing those for the logged in user :)

{if $loggedin}

linkset 1

{else}

linkset 2

{/if}

Pluss you have the added advantage of more space to applly all those links :)

have a cow edit edit edit :) ok this is my last edit... On your page in google chrome i am getting an unsecure content notice from your certificate.

Basically you are linking to stuff thats not secured. I think your relative linking and relative links dont actually ssl tunnel they only do plain http the requests so browsers throw back an exception to it.

The finalest of finalest edits..

You cant touch the php files.. but you can replace them with your own open source files.. ya know if ya get to teh grits of it and work you what vars ya need to smarty ya just use the integration area on wiki.whmcs.com it has an open source integration coding. its the minimum you need to integrate but smart thinking will win the day for getting it to work..

ooh and you could use the api if they ever make a complete documentation for it lol

Edited by disgruntled