Live Chat Addon Problems and Bugs

cyberneticos

Yes, if the chatting visitor is logged into WHMCS and the Quick Links are shown within the chat window then a closed ticket will be added to their WHMCS account. The ticket is created when their chat window is closed (certain browsers may not detect this, most will however) or when the operator closes the chat using the Close Chat menu option.

Which support department does this ticket, the one that gets automatically created once a chat session is closed that is, get created in?

The ticket will be created within the first department that is not hidden.

Thanks for the reply, I just created a specific department for ticket transcripts, set clients only, set pipe replies only, set no autoresponder, moved it to the top of the list, and edited the .TPL so as to not display the department when a user is submitting a ticket from the client area; since I can't use the admin option to hide it. The chat operator can then move the ticket to the appropriate department for more accurate record-keeping.

Just asked for a refund. Stardevelop doesn't answer my emails, and I was never able to use their software in our 9 employee setup.

We sent you several emails requesting some access to your Live Help installation, it seems that you didn't receive the emails. The email was sent around the 9th and again on the 15th September. We didn't receive any returned email as well.

Any customers that have problems with message delivery should contact us directly and we can help resolve the issue.

cyberneticos, I have also sent you a PM with some further information. We have taken all your feedback on board and many of your suggestions are being implemented for a future release. All of your suggestions are greatly appreciated. We have also located the source of the message delivery issue and we do have a patch available for that for those that are experiencing this issue with the WHMCS Live Chat Addon.

Sounds good to me. Just responded to your email. Let's make this happen.

Cheers,

Great, we have applied the patch to your Live Help installation and the message delivery issue should be resolved now. I also sent you an email with some updates on the suggestions you have mentioned.

Enjoy your weekend!

For the ticket system

Rather than close the ticket I would like the option to leave it open or choose from our whmcs dropdown of actions. If an issue is being worked on and the customer does not wish to wait then you either have to go in and manually make another ticket or heaven forbid have the client do it. Or you have to search through your closed tickets for the correct one.

Which brings me to my second request.

The ability to save the tickets with our own subject. If I am working on a red 5 issue and ten minutes later that same client comes in with another issue and ten minutes later another(at this point I need to quit anyway hahaha) then I have to search all tickets by the same name

ie....#158444 - Chat Log 05/10/2010 09:23

But by ticket number two I do not remember which ticket is which.

If this is already implemented and I missed it please show me haha

Jeff

I agree, it should be left open,. so we can follow up on it,. or close it if we need to. And yes, I would also like to be able to to modify the default subject and status. Luke, maybe you can prompt to edit the default info. For example:

Ticket Subject: XXX Default subject XXX (editable text field) Ticket Status: [Closed] (dropdown)

[save] [Do not create ticket]

That way, for quickness, if we like the default info and status, we just click [save] , otherwise, we can modify.

Cheers

Edited by cyberneticos

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the suggestions for the WHMCS ticketing integration. The tickets are automatically created when the visitor closes the chat window or when then operator closes the chat using the Options > Close Chat menu.

Due to this it could be difficult to have operator prompted for the ticket name. It might be best if we have an area or dialog in the chat window where the ticket name can be adjusted during the chat, otherwise it will use the default setup. We could also probably include the initial question that the visitor asks in the pre-chat form to improve the default ticket name. Let us know what you guys think.

I would much rather have an entry created in Client Notes with a link to the web based chat history that checks ACL. That also goes without saying if the client request phone chat. END CALL should trigger another hook window to summarize phone conversation and if there's time and an hourly rate, create billable item referencing ticket #.

As discussed in private emails, the .net app needs to be able to configure multiple departments and control status, individually. Client needs the ability to SEND FILE to operator. And lastly, review your documentation for accuracy and screen shots.

I would pay $50 just for those two updates!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be best if we can adjust it ourselves in the chat. I know personally I almost never type my question into the form field when doing live chats as most of the time they are not read. Once the operator comes on you still have to explain everything so I just type some sort of crap in there because it is required. If I as the chat operator can adjust the topic and thus the ticet name as an host it would be easier to have designated teaching aids for support personnel.

Jeff