Changing Ticket Status Title - Loses Tickets

I was going to change some the default statuses myself, but will hold off on that for now given what you've said. If statuses are referenced by the 'title' column as opposed to 'id', that can and will lead to major issues; as suggested by you.

Having taken a quick look at the database, I see that 'tbltickets.status' is the textual title of the status, not the statuses ID. I would suggest that the 'tbltickets.status' be changed to reference the statuses ID number and whenever the status title needs to be known (i.e. when view a ticket), can be accomplished with a JOIN of the two tables (i.e. 'tbltickets' and 'tblticketstatuses'). At the very least, modify the code of configticketstatuses.php to update the 'tbltickets" (and any other tables which may reference the status) with the statuses new title.

There are many other things that are refferenced with text, like Ticket Ratings (the admin column), and this one is a royal pain, too. try looking at your employee ticket rating.

Now ask one of your employees (Female that just got married) to change her name. Check out the ratings 5 days later.

ooops , you now have an extra employee in the graph.

Now imagine everyone decides to add their second last name (here in spain we have 2 last names),

oooops you just doubled your ratings graph size.

I think we need to start using ids for some areas.