Default Cycle Discount / Promotion

anteye

Is there a way to apply a promotional discount to multiple products based on the cycle chosen without the user having to enter a promotion code, or embedding the promotion code in the url?

Basically I want to setup my products with the full respective price in the semi-annual field. Then add a promotion that gives a 2% discount for this cycle on all products I apply it to. This way, I can modify the discount amount on these products in one place.

This functionality would be something like a check box named "Require Promotion Code?" on the Edit Promotion form. If checked, the price would not be modified unless the user entered the code or it was embedded in the url. If NOT checked, the promotion would apply to all products I assign it to, by default.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm new to WHMCS and a little scatter-brained at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah... I don't think that solves my problem. For instance, what would I do about customers ordering through the Portal?

To give you an idea of my desired result, I can tell you that I am currently putting the discounted amount in the semi-annual fied of the selected products manually. Not a huge deal the first time, but if I periodically want to change the discount amount, this will become a pain.