Reseller packages

netizenron

Question

I'm trying to figure out how to do this. It doesn't seem apparent, but hopefully I can find a solution. It would be a selling point for me.

I want to have resellers who aren't limited to space or bandwidth. They are actually reselling selected packages at 50% public cost. I had it set up that resellers would have access to a resellers order form, but that doesn't seem the case where I can limit access to just Resellers.

Am I overlooking something. So far, there have been so many pluses to this billing system.

6 answers to this question

I think some custom coding on the order form could solve this - at the stage where people login, you can you look them up in your database to see if they're resellers and deny access if they're not.

Afaik there's no way to do this in whmcs without this manual modification :)

Hey,

The custom coding wouldn't work as the price will already be set in the database.

What you should have, is all resellers use a special coupon which offers 50% off on the plan. This is the easiest way to handle it.

From,

Adam

I've never used smarty before. Is there a way to output the variables? I'm not sure what I need to compare to determine whether to give the right options.

Or is there somewhere other than the template to make that change?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I found that smarty used {php} tags and was able to query based on if the user was logged. :)

It took me forever to figure out how to get the product list to display the proper list. I ended up sending a header to reload with a GET value for gid.

Is or was the an easier way to interject this without reloading the page?

Why can't you just create the items you want but make them hidden so your normal users can't see them - then make your own reseller page with links to the individual items?

i.e. Create a product group called "resellers" and make it a hidden group. Create (or duplicate) your packages in that group at the prices you want then use the "Direct Order Link" provided on the product edit screen to link directly to it via your reseller page.