GA ecommerce and Goals

pod

Well I believe we finally got whmcs working with GA ecommerce. I will give it a few more days and post the results and also exactly what needs done. One of the other forums members posted portions of it. But things are so muddy around here and on GA that its a little difficult to get this figured out.

What i want to know does anyone have GA Goals working? Right now the goals we have setup for each product are not working correctly. Any time a sale is made all Goals show the same numbers even though we have the cart id for each product setup.

So i would like to hear from anyone that has the Goals working and how do you have the goal and funnel setup?

Can you explain how you have your goals setup...

We wanted to setup each hosting plan as a goal, but i think the final goal page the "goal url" we are using is the /client/cart.php?a=complete which is on all of the goals and i think this needs to be unique for goals to work?

Basically all 20 goals show the same numbers and orders etc. I figured if we had step1 setup as : /client/cart.php?a=add&pid=48 and required this that this would help with the goal tracking and whmcs.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that, of if its even possible. The final goal URL would be where the totals come from, and as you said, its always the same.

We recently switched over to the ajax order form, so our actual goal funnel is only 2 steps, rather than 6 or whatever for the standard setup. I also didn't save the old goal setup, so I'm not sure what all the steps would be.

I am glad to report that we do believe we have the ecommerce portion of GA and whcms working. I will post what we used for this as we did use the newer async method and made a few adjustments.

As for Goals, it does appear that GA Goal URLs must be unique to work properly if you are using multiple goals for different hosting plans.