question regarding a recurring order (Paypal)

ramystyle

Hi,

When a client buys a hosting account with us and registers a domain name with us and picks PAYPAL SUBSCRIPTION payment..

The total that shows, shows xx$ for recurrent payment and yy$ for domain name registration. When taken to the paypal payment page, client is only charged xx$ for the recurrent hosting !

1) Is there a way to make domain name recurrent as well ?

2) I had to email the client and ask him to login to his account and pay for the domain name.. There should be an easier way of doing this.. No ?

Thanks !

• WHMCS CEO

The customer has to create two subscriptions - first one for the hosting account - and then one for the domain. Often they have different payment terms obviously as the hosting can be monthly and domain yearly. There is no error here - if you actually made payment on the hosting sub you would then see one for the domain to signup to.

Matt

Hi,

I think that if a client purchases a yearly hosting and a yearly domain name, that the total should be added up and have one Subscription payment for both, instead of having the client paying twice (once for hosting and once for domain).. I understand the conflict of different payment terms, but I still think that there should be an option that if a yearly hosting and a yearly domain name is picked, to have them on the same payment page...

Just my two cents :wink:

Ramstyle, I understand what you are getting at here, and it would indeed be useful, but at the same time, as Matt pointed out, they are two separate subscriptions, and should hence be treated as such.

Since we also have customers that like to have everything on one bill, we allow our users to change their billing dates and even consolidate multiple services into one "subscription" where required, and if possible. Requests to do so are rare.

But, from a billing and even a development standpoint this would be a nightmare, since you'd have to come up with an ultra flexible mechanism to be able to define which multiple subscriptions become one. See what I mean?