Adding domains to new install

Ulysses

On a new installation, how do we add a domain to a client that was registered and paid for more than a year ago and which expires in a years time.

Example

Dom registered: 25 Aug 05

Dom paid: 25 Aug 05

Dom expires: 26 Aug 07

Charge for renewal: 44.95

Renewal date: 25 Aug 07

When I add a domain, it creates an order and amount dated today. I need to backdate or not show the transaction as it's already been transacted.

In other words, how can I add stuff that's already been bought and paid for in the past?

Thanks

That's not good news.

Though I'm sure someone has addressed this because it applies to all new WHMCS users who have been in business for some years and are not "importing" from a WHMCS competitor product.

Maybe one has to add existing/paid domains directly into a MySQL table somewhere.

you can add existing domains into whmcs...

accept the order, then goto to the domain under the users profile, and change the renewal dates and stuff

We tried that, but it adds an "unpaid" amount to the user and logs the order date as being today - whereas it was ordered and paid for long ago - and there's nothing owing.

• WHMCS CEO

This has been discussed many times on the forum. To avoid creating an invoice when placing an order, you set the gateway to PayPal Subscriptions, then edit the domains details once it has been added.

Matt

This has been discussed many times on the forum. To avoid creating an invoice when placing an order, you set the gateway to PayPal Subscriptions, then edit the domains details once it has been added.

Matt

Actually, that kind of worked, but not quite. It did not create an invoice, but it did add an order for today (not 25 Aug 2005 as it should be) and added the value to New orders for March.

This all looks ok to the client, which is great, but it rather stuffs up the sales reports, which is not a big deal, but would be nice if they were accurate.

Is there a way to clean this up so the reports add up ok? Maybe change the date in the databse manually?

Thanks

• WHMCS CEO

Yes, the only way would be to change the date in the database manually or once you've added all your clients manually, delete all the orders from the tblorders table. This is the most common way of resolving the issue after importing clients.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, the only way would be to change the date in the database manually or once you've added all your clients manually, delete all the orders from the tblorders table. This is the most common way of resolving the issue after importing clients.

Matt

We deleted the orders from the tblorders table.

Now, how do we get WHCMS to generate recurring invoices for domains about to expire?

Thanks

I wrote an import script for a few (hundred) things we had to otherwise import horribly manually - we just dropped items into the relevant table (in this case tbldomains); offhand the necessary fields are the domain name, registrar, registration period, price, registration date, expiry date and next due date. As well as, of course, the user ID :)

I think the Status field also has to be set to Active (or whichever option is appropriate)

Whmcs then generates invoices based on the next due date as far as I've seen :)

Edit: Whoops, forgot the payment method. Whmcs will generate invoices automatically if you set the payment method to bank transfer, Paypal or credit/debit card. Maybe some others too, but we don't use them :) It will also charge the customer's card on the due date, too.

Matt

Hi Matt how about adding this to the FAQs? We were about to import a lot of Orders as well and accidently stumbled across this topic. Looks like it will save us a lot of time :D

Cheers,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
I think "orders" should be editable, but it doesn't appear they are thus far.... Sounds like an enhancment request with Matt....

I agree 100%.

I imported few accounts from the server and this process creates blank orders. It should be possible to edit then from admin. And this is not the only situation where editing an order from admin would be needed.

Is it possible to add this feature in the near future, Matt?