generate invoice button???

SetLar8

Question

Hi,

What does the generate invoices button do on the main page?

If an invoice is orginally creted by the system and then deleted should the generate invoices button not regenerate an invoice for the one deleted.

if this is not what it is for can you please let me know.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Once you delete an invoice, it's gone unless you manually recreate it from my understanding - there's no reason to delete the invoice unless you really want it gone, otherwise you can just edit it to make whatever changes you need.

The generate invoices button manually generates invoices that would be run by the daily cron job - i.e. you have your cron job run at 1am generating invoices and doing other tasks for that day but in the middle of the afternoon you manually add an order for someone and want it to create the invoice right then rather than wait until the following morning at 1am. Clicking the generate invoices button will check for invoices that are supposed to be created but haven't yet and generate them.

I hope this makes sense :)

thanks "datahosts" but if this was the case when the invoice was deleted the system would have no record of the invoice and so when clicking "generate invoices" the system would generate another invoice.

This would also be the case if the actual package/product due date was changed, would this not also craete another invoice for the new due date?

• WHMCS CEO
What i mean is how does the system know not to regenerate another invoice if the original was deleted?

It's complicated, but it does.

if the actual package/product due date was changed, would this not also craete another invoice for the new due date?

If you change the due date, then the item will be invoiced for that date.

Matt