Moving an Invoice between accounts

sohouk

Is it possible to move an invoice from one account to another?

We have a client who used to run a web-host business.

They have now given that up, but rather than disappear, they have tried to minimise any impact on their former customers by creating separate accounts for themin WHMCS.

The idea is they can move domains and services into those separate accounts and the customers can administer them on their own.

What I can't see is how to move Invoice nnnnnn from Johns account into Janes account.

Is this possible?

Trevor

What I can't see is how to move Invoice nnnnnn from Johns account into Janes account.

Is this possible?

Trevor

Once an invoice is issued, it shouldn't be changed. You should cancel it, and then issue a new invoice on the new account.

What you seem to be saying is that I should void the invoice then manually recreate it for the new client. That may be fine for one or two invoices, but it's not for more than a few.

In any event, I'm not changing it - I'm simply moving it from a dead account to a live one so the client can pay it.

For those who do want to know how to move an invoice, the answer is:

Billing -> View Transactions -> Edit (the paper and pencil icon) -> Related Client

That moves the transaction to another clients account but retains the original invoice.

Trevor