Merchant gateway for Australia with multi currency + multiple years support

jobln

We are based in Australia. We are looking for merchant gateway that support our requirements:

1. Multi Currency payment

2. Multi years registration (we are planning to allowed up to 10 years domain registration)

We have try the merchants supported by WHMCS, but most of them does not accept company from Australia or cannot accept payment more than 2 years subscription.

1. Multi Currency payment

2. Multi years registration (we are planning to allowed up to 10 years domain registration)

1) Most, if not all, Australian payment gateways. (Did you check with eWay or PayMate?).

2) Your invoice will be for 10 years, the payment gateway only needs to accept one transaction. Or you you need periodic invoicing. (Did you check with eWay or PayMate?).

Also ditto for PayPal?

2checkout: We need gateway that doesn't need redirect to their website, so not paypal or 2checkout

eWay doesn't accept multicurrency, they need to create one account per currency. SecurePay does, but need NAB account. I've checked with NAB but to support 4 currency, the account fees are so expensive.

We used PayMate, but they need to redirect to their website to do the payment.

My invoice will be 10 years. I checked with SecurePay and PayMate and they says its okay, but depends on the bank. If the bank says 'OK', they could do it for us, but if not, they can't.

NAB: as i mentioned above they are expensive for 4 multi currency. Plus if we want to have 10 yrs domain registration, we need to open term deposit account with them.

That's what the registrar does now, it's a single payment for a ten year .com and the registrar will let you, and perhaps your client, know when it's time to renew.

It looks to me as if you're asking for functionality that is already included, hence my confusion.

If you were selling ten year .au registrations I could understand your concern because you or your WHMCS implementation would need to handle it - if it is allowed under the .auDA terms. :?

okay, most of the merchant I approach does not accept "a single for a 10 years .com registration" They are arguing, if we go out of business let say in 5 years, they need to cover it, and pay the money to the client.

That should have nothing to do with the "merchants", the registrar will have the money and supply the domain. There is no problem here. I sell 10 year .com domains and don't tell the gateway or bank anything.

This is what I was talking about earlier. It still looks to me as though you see a problem where none exists. Your domain registrar will handle all these things for you, and if they go broke .auDA has policies in place to handle that too.

Perhaps it's the business transaction/accounting side of things that are causing you problems. The registrar I use, is paid directly by the client and the difference between my cost and the sell price are credited to my account with the registrar. After that, all I need do is handle the very rare support requests. The profit is not amortised over ten years, it is allocated to that periods sales only. Most registrars have a very similar process, none need an ongoing relationship with you for the domain to keep working.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Austdata