• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive got a weird issue that has comeup just recently

everything appears to be working fine with the addon apart from the redirect

regardless of whether an affiliate has a custom landing page or not the affiliate when they click on the link is simply redirected to the whmcs portal home page.

The database table is recording the landing page details without issues it just seems that when someone goes to *?aff=049 for example... the redirect is not being used or recognized and the page is simply redirected to the default portal home

Ive even replaced the lines in * in the relocate to forcibly tell it to go to a set landing page and its still not redirecting, so i suspect its not reading the redirect code at all

anyone have any ideas or suggestion on how to resolve this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am not understanding how to install this. In this download, all I am getting is a .tar.gz I am not getting any install instructions like i have seen a comment on or an sql file like i have heard of. I am really wanting this Mod. Help me?

Theres an INSTALL and a README file within the tarball.

I'm pretty experienced and feel like im asking a newbie question here... but your instructions probably fall under V4.5. I went through the posts and you said it works in V5 so i gave it a try and can't seem to locate it under admin/addons/your addons and V5 utilities doesn't have same "addon mods" section like the instructions state.

Edit:

Ok i can access it manually but i get this error An Error Occurred. Please check module coding.

It seems to function somewhat. I'm still playing around with it. Also when i say manually i mean /addonmodules.php?module=affiliate_coupons

no other localized way to access it right now in V5.

Second Edit:

Though i have to access it manually, this thing is brilliant. This gives such an awesome incentive to my customers and provides me a pretty damn strong incentive program for affiliates. I hope the coding can be adjusted to work with V5 whatever my error may be, no matter i have to agree... awesome it's free. I wish most thought the way you do with giving back to the community.

Great job, look forward to future updates if there are still more coming :)

Edited by b0r3d

It works fine on version 5. You still have to enable it by going to the addon modules under Settings, like any other addon module. The only difference is this will show up as a "Legacy" module.

I truly love it. Allows for an awesome incentive affiliate program. I hope you continue development. I'd love to see a nicely designed affiliate template but no matter the case, brilliant.

I truly love it. Allows for an awesome incentive affiliate program. I hope you continue development. I'd love to see a nicely designed affiliate template but no matter the case, brilliant.

Thanks. Its not likely I'll make any additional improvements anytime soon. I wrote it when I was working for another web hosting company because we needed it. I no longer work there, so I really dont have a need for this anymore, and it works great the way it is.

• 2 months later...
Although I installed it as per the instructions. But the codes does not show up neither does the landing pages work. Please help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2884[/ATTACH]

Did you add the usable coupons to the admin area? It looks like everything is showing up properly based on the screenshot. But you need to configure usable coupon parameters in the admin interface, then your clients will be able to generate their own coupons.

Edited by laszlof

• 2 weeks later...

@Frank, nice addon! although I need some clarification.

1. If an affiliate creates a code, and gives away the code, does he get referral credit? Coz when I did some tests and placed a test order using an affiliate generated code, the test order gets the discount. but when I checked the affiliate, he did not get the referral credit.

2. How does the custom affiliate landing work? Does it just replace the standard [AffiliateLinkCode] with the new URL, and irrelevant from the actual discount coupon?

3. What happens if two different affiliates try to create the same coupon name?

the following are some suggestions if you have time to implement :)

4. Can you allow the affiliates to edit/delete the coupon codes they have made? Right4now, I have created a bunch of coupon codes and I cannot delete them.

5. For admin side, can you have an option to display only active products (automatically5exclude hidden products/groups)

6. Allow admin to view all affiliate generated coupon codes, from within addon->affiliate page.

This addon rocks. Thanks for contributing this to the community. :)

1) Yes, using the code grants the creator (the affiliate) the credit. You were likely logged in as an admin which negates all affiliate credits.

2) The landing page redirects the user if they go to http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/*?aff=001 to another page, rather than the whmcs order page. This can be used to redirect them to a specific product that you may be having a promotion on.

3) It wont let them do this. It will throw an error message if 2 coupons have the same name.

As for the improvements, you're welcome to do these yourself. The module is open source. Unfortunately I do not have time to make any additions to it, and I do not personally use the module any more.

Thanks!! I'll try to incorporate some changes then throw them back your way. at the end, it's still your module :)

one last question... I also see a any page affiliate.. this should still work with that module as well, right? even if it gets rid of the * and allows affiliate to take credit on any page as long as affiliate code is attached to the address

this module: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/22/Multiple-Affiliate-Link-Landing-Pages.html

is there a way to use the coupon to just give a credit to an account without applying any specific product? I'd like to use it to give account credit away without having to manually add the credit.

thanks!

Not really. The entire promotion system is designed to apply discounts to products. Not add credits to accounts.

is there a way to use the coupon to just give a credit to an account without applying any specific product? I'd like to use it to give account credit away without having to manually add the credit.

thanks!

the whmcs credits system should be used for credits, you could i guess, look into it yourself and place in an option to do this per client design, although you would have to fully ensure that for the clients that take a credit instead then this ceases any further

promotional/affiliate system tasks.

If laszlof does not mind i will take a look at this and see if i cant put this into place or at the very least provide you with the locations you would need to make the changes. (it is open source you say)

If laszlof does not mind i will take a look at this and see if i cant put this into place or at the very least provide you with the locations you would need to make the changes. (it is open source you say)

Sure, feel free. The code has a modified BSD license, so you're welcome to use it in your own derived work so long as the license stays intact.