[NOT A BUG] Quantum Vault - Missing Customer ID

Confusing Error message - Missing Customer ID

Using Quantum Vault for Customer Credit Cards.

Repro:

1. Manually add client (don't sell them anything) from admin interface

2. Log in as client

3. Click on My Details

4. Click on Change Credit Card Details

Expected results - ability to add credit card information if none present.

Actual Results - Error message: Missing Customer ID

This is a problem where a customer wants provide credit card information before making purchase for services.

Possible solutions:

1. Preferred: Fix code to allow customer to add credit card billing information via this menu option.

2. Change error message to be more user friendly. Tell them what they have to do to add credit card information.

3. Disable menu option if no credit card information stored.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

This error message is occuring on the Quantum Vault side of things when the update card page is loaded inside the iframe so WHMCS is not aware the error is occuring (so can't disable menu option), nor is it the one displaying the error (so cannot be customised). We did ask Quantum to look at this a long time back and they said they would improve their side to just create a new customer when a customer ID that doesn't exist is passed to the vault iframe but it seems they haven't got around to it yet.

Matt

Would it make be possible on the WHMCS side to do a "ShowVaultDetails" XML request against Quantum before loading the iframe that allows the user to edit their information. If the XML request fails then add the customer to the vault. Then display the page with the iframe.

This way you can handle this error situation cleanly and the customer has a better experience.

Hi,

This error message is occuring on the Quantum Vault side of things when the update card page is loaded inside the iframe so WHMCS is not aware the error is occuring (so can't disable menu option), nor is it the one displaying the error (so cannot be customised). We did ask Quantum to look at this a long time back and they said they would improve their side to just create a new customer when a customer ID that doesn't exist is passed to the vault iframe but it seems they haven't got around to it yet.

Matt

Matt,

I am trying to see if I can at least have a work around for the few customers who might run into this.

I have tried the following:

1. Add the customer manually to the Quantum Vault side of things using the customer ID assigned to this customer in WHMCS. e.g. customer number is #1234 in WHMCS so I used that # in the CustomerID on the Quantum Vault Side. I still get the Missing Customer ID error message.

2. I next tried to update the credit card information in WHMCS from the admin side. It took the information without a problem, but when I logged in as the customer I still get the Missing Customer ID error message.

What is the workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

Roger

• 9 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am using Quantum Vault for processing and when I log in as a client and click update Credit Card Details, I see "Missing Customer ID". Not very user friendly. What options exist here?

Link

• 2 weeks later...

If your customer has an open/unpaid Invoice they can log into the Client Area to pay the Invoice manually. Once they enter their card details and pay the Invoice the "Missing Customer ID" error will be replaced with their information.

JD