Customisation Documentation?

methos

Question

25 answers to this question

Thanks for that Dave, but I had already looked there. There is some very useful information there, but I am really after info on how to change the look of the pages themselves - i suspect we are talking about templating here .... but I could be wrong ;)

This might help (from the manual);

The basic template syntax can be seen by looking at the templates. All pages have specific variables which you can use. To view a complete list of variables available on a page, enter the following command into the template file:

{debug}

When you next access that template file after adding this code, a popup window will appear showing you all the different variables which you can use on the page. Variables can be accessed using the {$variable} syntax. The variables available vary on each page.

Yay! Now I can post URL's

And no, I wasn't trying to be smart, as it's all very new to me too. I was just suggesting some alternatives to you in the hope it would help :-)

We actually have some pretty nice templates which another member on here kindly provided to us. If you'd like a zip of these please pm me your email address and I'll have our coder send these through tomorrow Australian time (in around 11 hours from now).

was more a comment about me not having read it ;) Would be great to see some of those templates, thanks. I've tried to PM you though and it says not authorised - is that because i havent set things up right or is it that you are not set up to receive pm's? (i'lll be looking at my own settings once i've sent this ;) )

thanks John, and yep - i can't even read your pm!

but I don't have a problem with posting my email address here - it's domain.admin@wideworld.web.com

pushing this topic back onto the other part of my question again now ... does anyone know if there is any documentation available about writing custom registrar modules (I'm actually after something to interface with CentralNic)

Thanks all.

OK, now that I have actually RTFM ...... ;)

I found the documentation about creating registrar modules and it looks pretty strightforward so I am going to have a crack at creating a CentralNic module - before I get too far into it, please let me know if anyone else has already done one, or is working on one - thanks.

I seem to have stumbled at the first hurdle. I thought I would test something very straightforward to begin with, so just used the single getConfigArray function with its default syntax as shown in the manual (and I have put the php tags around my code) .... centralnic is showing up ok in the drop down box for registrars, but when i select it to see the form for the config variables, i just get pushed out of that page and can't get back in until i select another registrar. As I said this is simply using the template version of the function as printed in the pdf linked from the manual.

I thought I'd take a look at some of the other modules for guidance, but they are all complied of course - does anyone have any ideas on this, or could anyone let me have an uncomplied version of a registrar module that works so I can use it as a reference?

Thanks

Methos.

Just bear with it. You will get it working in the end! If you would like me to test it at any stage to see if we set the same problem then just PM me and i will be happy to test it in my testing whmcs setup which i have.

John