Proper way to forward client support email to the imported support email account

Hi,

I was wondering if I can forward an email sent to my email account to the support@ email account and have it imported into the system?

I need it to import and create a new ticket using the email address and name of the original sender.

I tried forwarding it and putting the original sender in the reply to address but that didn't work and it complained that it didn't know the ticket id. I did use my whmcs admin email so should I use one of my emails not in the system so it does not think it is a ticket reply and then maybe it would work or would that just log a support ticket from my email instead of the client.

How can I forward these client support request emails? Some clients are still emailing me and not my support email.