Importing accounts from whm - editing client info

frisco

The WHM Import functions works well. :D

Once these accounts are created, I need to update the client information, which is mostly pretty straightforward.

A few clarifications/questions regarding the products and domains that are not addressed by the manual section on Manual Client Entry, http://v3manual.whmcs.com/display.php?id=108:

1 - Will "First Payment Amount" be added to the recurring amount on the next due date, or will the charge on that due date be the first payment amount only, and the subsequent payments be the recurring amount?

2 - If a new client is on package XXX which has a price of $10/month, and I enter $5 in the recurring amount, I assume my manual entry will be the amount charged, and not the amount in the package settings. Correct?

3 - If the client has additional domains, and/or the package does not come with free domains, I assume I just create an order, then manually accept it and override the dates and payment info. Correct?

4 - If the account package comes with a free domain name that already exists, how do I get that domain associated with the package in client's record (since the hosting account was set up with the WHM Import rather than with an order)? Or does it matter?

Thanks for clarification!

Bill

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The First Payment amount would be charged only if the registration date and next due date are the same. If they are different it is assumed to not be the first and therefore the recurring amount is charged.

The value you enter for each client is the amount they get charged. It won't use the package default.

If the client has additional domains, and/or the package does not come with free domains, I assume I just create an order, then manually accept it and override the dates and payment info. Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

For the free domain, you would need to add an order to the client, domain registration only, for the domain, and then set the price to zero.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Does this (WHM Import Script) only work for local server accounts?

Ours does not seem to be able to connect to remote servers, and generates the following error:

Socket Connection Failed (Connection timed out - 110)

For the server it's running on it works fine, but not for any of the servers the accounts are on...

(I have tried with Password Auth off and set to 'on', as we use ssh keys to authenticate).