A great suggestion ( Might help us Alot )

Dear Matt,

I have just been monitoring the whmcs forum whois online mod at the bottom of the index.php page and it seems that i have a great idea.

Would it be possible for the forum to have a advertising forum for visitors who are specifically looking for hosting.

Ive just noticed over 30 users are guests.

This might just boost our sales and it will also boost whmcs sales.

Make i one thread per company though as it may get a little messy.

Dom

• WHMCS CEO

No, this wouldn't work. A lot of the guests that visit here follow the powered by link on your WHMCS installs and if a user can find cheaper hosting by following that link then it would have a negative impact on sales for both you as a hosting company and us as a billing system.

Matt

if a user can find cheaper hosting by following that link then it would have a negative impact on sales for both you as a hosting company and us as a billing system.

Dont really get that logic but still this forum would not be the place for such a forum.

they are at your site and on your $10/mo. plan.

they see the billing link

they follow it to the forum

they find advertising for $5/mo hosting using same billing system

they leave you for the cheaper hosting

I guess then I should get rid of vbulletin also since someone could click on the powered by link go to their "community" and look at their hosting forum :)

Seriously though, Matt I agree with you, whmcs a billing and support system for web hosts should not be the place where their forum has a "hosting" section.