Way to mass and automatically upgrade PHP application on clients' cpanel accounts

rudberg

What is a good process for moving my proprietary PHP-based application, that I automatically install using the Wildfire app, over to whatever format/framework is needed so it can be made to regularly check for updates to its own software itself via cron-job?

I want to be able to upgrade the PHP application installed in the whole client-base whenever I release a new code I set as stable, and to have the users of the application get a choice for seeing the possibility to manually upgrade to any newer BETA-release if I've decided to release one (for the same purpose of automatically upgrade their account with these new files/folders/SQL updates).

I currently use SVN for the code-base. I plan to encrypt the PHP-files on the users's account using WHMCS licensing , but I assume that doesn't affect how the upgrade itself should be done except it should fetch the encrypted files rather than the source code itself. IF you think this is awkward, and would propose a better solution, I'm all ears.