[WIP] Full Site Integration

Well this is something that I've been working on for a while now. Its taken a while to refine things, as the whole website is based on WHMCS, and is heavily customised. Its still a work in progress, as the team have a lot more ideas that need adding.

If you could take a look and let me know what you think I would be very grateful.

http://www.simplexwebs.com/

Thanks,

Rob Clarke

SimplexWebs Limited.

I like your site's design. A+

that is pretty nice

Thanks Guys.

Quite nice Rob. There were a couple minor things I saw but you said it's still in work.

Yeah, A few things need sorting. At the moment I'm just re-skinning the client area/account page and we are planning to improve the display of the support tickets.

What were the things you found? They might not already be on my list. :-P

Throwing errors today Rob:

Warning: Smarty error: file:./includes/comparison.php is not readable in /home/simplexs/public_html/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/simplexs/public_html/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1923

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/simplexs/public_html/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1923

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/simplexs/public_html/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1923

The two things I noticed straight off were 1.) After clicking a Join SimplexWebs button. The default WHMCS domain selection for a product doesn't match your color schema. But I think something as simple as removing the the blue bars at top and bottom would do nicely.. 2.) Tutorials did not have any tutorials...

As I said minor stuff... :)

Throwing errors today Rob

The two things I noticed straight off were 1.) After clicking a Join SimplexWebs button. The default WHMCS domain selection for a product doesn't match your color schema. But I think something as simple as removing the the blue bars at top and bottom would do nicely.. 2.) Tutorials did not have any tutorials...

As I said minor stuff... :)

Oops, I must have forgoten to reupload one of Sparky's Mods. All sorted now though.

Yeah, The cart needs a bit of work doing on it. It doesn't really blend in with the rest of the site, which is what I would like it to do. If I get a chance, I will try and sort something out with it tonight.

Regarding the tutorials, I need to reupload them. I was planning on modifying it a little bit to make it easier to find the tutorial you want, however I haven't got round to it.

Thanks for all your feedback. :)

Very nice site.

The only thing that I have noticed is that the telephone number in the right of the header (Sales & Enquiries) is very dificult to read as it is a similar colour to the background.

Ah does it? Would you be able to post a screenshot for me? It doesn't appear like this on my screen, so it would be a great help if you could.

I like the way when ordering all is on a new page for each step, how hard was it to do?

The ordering was built off one of the provided cart templates, which we have just modded a bit so it wasn't too hard.

Overall it wasn't the hardest I've done, our previous integration used a lot of ajax, which was a lot harder, but didn't really give a decent user experience.

We found keeping it simple this time round, made it less confusing for clients, and less work for myself when things go wrong or we need to upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :-)

Edited by simplexwebs

It might just be the way it's displaying in safari on my iPhone.

The phone number is showing as pale blue which is blending in with the background of the header.

/Edit

just realised, it's most probably my iPhone converting it to a call link (never noticed it change the text colour before though.

It might just be the way it's displaying in safari on my iPhone.

The phone number is showing as pale blue which is blending in with the background of the header.

/Edit

just realised, it's most probably my iPhone converting it to a call link (never noticed it change the text colour before though.

Ah, That makes sense now.

Maybe I need to look into designing a mobile template.

I was looking at a mobile one for mine, but I don't think there is a lot of people that would use it. Maybe for email, that's about it.

Hmm well we are getting a fair few hits from iphones and ipod touches, so maybe its something that might be useful to clients. I will add it to the to-do list.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on our development.

We have continued to add things to our integration, including a number of new mods.

The client account section is now fully complete and can be viewed here: https://www.simplexwebs.com/account

We've also revamped the homepage, adding in a custom domain search box and customer testimonials.

Let us know any ideas and improvements you might have.

Regards,

Rob.

There is not many hosting sites i like, but yours is one i do.

I like the way things are layed out. Easy to read, not to much detail but just enough.

My only critism would be the advert on the home page, The line zero satisfaction. When i was just skimming across the page i had to double take because it just felt like it read wrong. As it stands it reads, I take it i'll recieve zero satisfaction X. Although i know the image is a cross it just reads wrong. I think it would be much better if it was all ticks and 100% satisfaction. To the customer is then reads , "I take it i'll recieve 100% satisfaction - TICK - YEP! " sort of thing.

But apart from that i do like it :) (sorry about me being picky!)

I like the way things are layed out. Easy to read, not to much detail but just enough.

My only critism would be the advert on the home page, The line zero satisfaction. When i was just skimming across the page i had to double take because it just felt like it read wrong. As it stands it reads, I take it i'll recieve zero satisfaction X. Although i know the image is a cross it just reads wrong. I think it would be much better if it was all ticks and 100% satisfaction. To the customer is then reads , "I take it i'll recieve 100% satisfaction - TICK - YEP! " sort of thing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I can see what you mean. I will forward this on to the marketing guys, as it was their idea for that one.

Regards,

Rob.

Nice site, very clean and well laid out.

Only little bit I would personally change is on the /excellence page:

All 267 tickets submitted in the month of Feburary 2010 were replied to on, in average, in...

It just doesn't make sense.

Needs to be simply:

All 267 tickets submitted in the month of February 2010 were replied to, on average, in...

February is also misspelled in your current page.

It's only small, but the small details matter imo. :)

Nice site, very clean and well laid out.

Only little bit I would personally change is on the /excellence page:

It just doesn't make sense.

Needs to be simply:

February is also misspelled in your current page.

It's only small, but the small details matter imo. :)

The sign of a late night content designing? Haha.

Thanks so much... I've made those changes now. :)

Yup... 100% agree (hehe) - I've gone ahead and changed that now. :)