Email Piping

xxkylexx

Hello,

From my understanding, for the email piping to work you have to create an email fowarder with the code provided into the address it's directing to:

| php -q /home/websolve/public_html/members/admin/mailpipe.php

My concern is, if I were to direct support@websolvents.com, for example, with that code, and someone trys to send a direct email (not through the support system) to is (support@websolvents.com), it's not going to work-- only through a support ticket will it work, right?

I am a bit confused on this issue, and maybe I am not understanding it correctly. This is my first venture into an email piping system. Thanks.

Kyle

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The best thing to do is to create an email just for tickets such as tickets@yourdomain.com. Then what you would do is set the Support Ticket Response Message in the system to go from this address (Configuration > Manage Messages > Support Ticket Response (Mail Pipe Version)). Then if a customer replies to the support ticket response message by hitting the reply button in their email, then the response will just get added to the ticket. Clients have to open support tickets from their client area - it is just responses that can be piped in so this is the best way to do it.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Regards,

Matt

• 3 months later...

ok, so ive done all this..

ive added the code, then i went into a user account, generated the ticket.

i got the ticket email.

when i replied...

error...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to | php -q /home/hostadmin/public_html/clientes/admin/mailpipe.php

generated by email@email.com (<--i changed the email)

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to | php -q /home/hostadmin/public_html/clientes/admin/mailpipe.php

generated by email@email.com ------

Ive been trying to make this work for quite a while now.. nothing diferent, all messages are PERMANENT error.

• WHMCS CEO

This post is months old. The code shown here does not work with V2.5 - it's for V2.4. It's never a good idea to look through old posts on this forum for answers - the answers will be for previous versions of WHMCS. We aren't like some other billing systems where its one release every year or more! :)

Matt