Click to call client - Ring Central

BryanB

I was just thinking it would be pretty cool to use the Ring Central API on the client page and support tickets to have a "Call" button where it would automatically place a call to the client's number. It looks pretty simple but I'm not sure how it would be done since everything is encoded with WHMCS

A simple link like this would work:

The api documentation: http://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/

Any ideas on how to do this?

Edited by bear
by request

I did it! It's a cool little 5 minute modification in case anyone is interested and using ring central here is the code:

this is in your admin/templates/v4 (or whatever admin template your are using) /clientsummary.tpl - line 20

<tr><td>Phone Number</td><td>{$clientsdetails.phonenumber}<br />
 </a><a href="https://service.ringcentral.com/ringout.asp?cmd=call&username=xxxx&ext=1&password=xxxx&to={$clientsdetails.phonenumber}&from=xxxx&clid=xxxx&prompt=1" target="_blank">Call Client</a><br />

Just fill in the XXX's with your account info

I'm going to see if I can get this to work on the support tickets now

• 1 month later...

right. the ring me feature lets the client call the business, I personally, don't use outlook or anything that the call controller integrates with so It's nice to be able to do everything right within WHMCS, look up a client and just click on their phone number and it calls them.

Too fast, i'm having a problem with "+" being replaced with "%2b" in links, anyone know how to solve this? same result with UTF-8 character entity

Regards,

Edited by factor
character entity showing directly