Official Free Trials Mod

MemberMotion

Question

I was taking a look at the Official Free Trials Mod.

I am currently using forcing all customers to use Paypal subscriptions when signing up.

Now this is what I want to do:

I want to be able to offer new customers their first week free. After that, I want Paypal to automatically start charging them. I don't want them to have to come back a week later and have to create a new subscription or make a payment manually.

This system should work similar to how a lot a telemarketers do. They get you to signup for something and let you get X amount of time free and then after that they automatically start charging you. The only difference is that I want this to be done all automatically through Paypal.

I know this is a bit confusing, so I hope that I explained it good enough. Please feel free to ask any questions you need.

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

Well, currently my problem is I offer free domains with all paid plans, so I'm not sure how a free trial would work for me in that case. As for now, I have 2 products, one free and one paid. The free auto-terminates after 30 days, and "hopefully" they purchase the paid version.

From a business stand point, it would make more sense to for the people to be auto charged after a certain amount of time. However, I don't think that mod will do it. I guess I will submit a support ticket asking about it since there are not any responses from staff here yet.

Right. With PayPal, you can do a $1 trial if you use a promo code (don't like those), but I'm more in favor of a free trial. So I'm currently between a rock and a hard place. $1 using promo code, vs FREE and 2 products.

Why not offer a coupon which equates to your first monthly fee. i.e a $5.00 money off coupon when they sign up, then after after they carry on paying.

That's the strange thing we're talking about. WHMCS will NOT ask them for any sort of payment/subscription if the total is $0. They're just redirected to the client area after checkout.

Edited by tech