favicon.ico in WHMCS

grfirst

Hi all,

Someone created my site for me in Joomla, and integrated the WHMCS software with my site. Problem is that since I installed my SSL, my favicon doesn't show up on the https pages.

I also noticed when i changed some info in the footer of Joomla, that it didn't change autamically in WHMCS, I had to google and find out there is a separate portal templant that I had to alter.

can someone one tell me how to go about correcting this, and having my favicon.ico file show up in my WHMCS https pages?

Thanks for your reply, it is very informative. 2 more questions, where exactly is the link rel supposed to be? I mean there are lots of .tpl files in my template folder.

2nd question, actually a statement as well. My template in Joomla and WHMCS template seems to be two separate entities. When I update template in Joomla, then the Joomla site is updated, but it doesn't update the template in WHMCS, until I drill down in my folders to the "portal" template.

I'm beginning to think this wasn't a true integration after all, I mean when main template is updated, then it should process across the board, shouldn't it?

You'll need to make sure that the whmcs has the rel link to your favicon in your whmcs template and thats it.

When modifying the template make sure you are changing the template you are actually using :)

Thanks for your reply, it is very informative. 2 more questions, where exactly is the link rel supposed to be? I mean there are lots of .tpl files in my template folder.

2nd question, actually a statement as well. My template in Joomla and WHMCS template seems to be two separate entities. When I update template in Joomla, then the Joomla site is updated, but it doesn't update the template in WHMCS, until I drill down in my folders to the "portal" template.

I'm beginning to think this wasn't a true integration after all, I mean when main template is updated, then it should process across the board, shouldn't it?

most integrations are actually just skinning WHMCS to match your main site, in which case you would have your Joomla Template and your WHMCS template both of which need updating