maxmind Fraud Call

joe123

Is it possible to make maxmind fraud call similar to VariLogiX FraudCall.

what i mean is that a customer has to press a button to make the call and not immeditely place a call after the customer enters his details and hits the "continue button"

if this is possible this will sure save us some money because not everyone is really ordering ,some are just trying how it works and some are just playing.

thanks

• WHMCS CEO

To clarify, I didn't mean this is how it works and it won't be changing, I meant this is how it works - it works the same way as VariLogiX, the call is not placed until the user confirms with a button press.

Matt

this is how maxmind screen looks like after a client enters his details(the call is already made without user action)

maxmind.jpg

this is how varilogix screen looks like after a client enters his details(waiting for the customer to click the button "call now")

varilogix.jpg

obviously ,it does not work the same , maxmind is placing the call without user confirmation.

did i do anything wrong in the settings ?

thanks

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Sorry, I've had a look at this and I was wrong. The decision to make a call with MaxMind is done based on the orders fraud ranking score from MaxMind. I don't think at the current time it's possible to overide this and pause for a button to check if the call should be placed once the verification process has begun ie. with the initial fraud score check.

Matt

We are thinking about moving away from Maxmind as well due to this problem. We have plenty people playing around with our order form and it is a complete waste having calls placed automatically without a client being notified. If this option can be built for maxmind I think it would be great.

• WHMCS CEO

Yes, it should be possible to add this. In regards to Ronny and not fraud checking existing clients this will create a problem for a user who makes a fraudulent order, order is set to cancelled along with invoice, then they can just order again and this next order would skip the fraud check.

Matt

Matt, you were referring to the interstitial page use, right?

And as per your reply to Ronny's suggestion, could the account table not be modified to store last verification pass, and if it passed, not present the user with phone verification again, OR BETTER YET ... allow the whmcs admin to mark certain users as trusted. I have to agree that setting it not to verify future orders is a bit nonsensical, in that the end-user would have a few ways to get around detection, if they are savvy enough. I'd rather see some sort of user groups or user options that would include a trusted zone.