Can addons inherit parent billing cycle?

cbtrussell

Hello,

We have a number of product addons that would apply to all of our shared hosting products. Unfortunately it appears that addons are billed independently of their parent product.

For example, consider two customers, one billed monthly and the other on a quarterly billing cycle. I would have to create two versions of the same addon if I wanted to have the addon billing cycle correspond to the product billing cycle.

In this thread 1087

whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1087&highlight=addon

it is suggested to use product options - but that means I would have to create each addon multiple times, once for each applicable product.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to have addons inherit the billing cycle of the parent product?

Thanks for any replies

Brandon

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, you use configurable options instead of addons to do this.

Matt

So configurable options needed to be created for each seperate product, right? Can they be ordered after signing up, or only as part of the initial signup process? Do they show up in the client area the same way add-ons do to purchase?

A dedicated IP address is an addon to me, not a configurable option. In my mind, configurable option means they already have it and can change it. Addon means they don't have it and want it "added on".

This is not an issue of setting up the configurable option for each product/service for me. It's that I want to use Addons and their billing be inherited from the parent(hosting) product.

I'm willing to make the needed changes myself, if I can. Just point me in the right direction.