Order date

murph

Question

I need to add a few existing clients and their hosting plans that are all staggered throughout the year. When i create an order for a client, there is no way to select the date for the order and so the hosting is from today's date and end sa year from now. How can i get round this?

4 answers to this question

Is this an issue when importing clients? I want to be sure that the "start date" or "order date" accurately reflects the date this customer signed up with us, even if it was pre-WHMCS.

Import from what system?

Well in my case, Modernbill, but it shouldn't matter. I can't imagine one import script would treat the setting of the order date differently than another. Anyway, I emailed Matt and he said that the inability to change the order date is only an issue when manually creating accounts from the admin area and is not an issue when importing accounts. I do think this should be changed however. There have been times in the past where I've needed to manually "migrate" a client from another billing system and I definitely want the start date to accurately reflect when the customer signed up with our company as opposed to the date he was entered into WHMCS. I guess I'll put in a "feature request".