Plesk/DA/Helm support - Support system

Anthony

Question

Now now...I know it's called WHMCS, and it supports WHM ;)

I was just wondering if there's any plans to perhaps support a windows control panel sooner or later.

H-Sphere has a lock on this market, but the control panel portion of it has an insane learning curve compared to Plesk.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I was looking around the demo, and wondered if it would be possible to implement a live chat into it (like Softlayer's). I'm a freak of management and organization, where I only want myself and staff to have one login to everything.

Also, in the support system, within a client trouble ticket, would it be possible to have links to their cPanel and reseller (or dedicated) WHM? I only looked over this part briefly, but didn't notice any.

That should satisfy my curiosity for awhile :)

P.S : I also noticed that WHMCS is ona fast track development and the community has alot of input in it..keep up the good work! :)

4 answers to this question

And one more thing (I just keep thinking things up, and I'm not even a client yet!)

I saw the monitoring system on a client of WHMCS (found the link on the forum). It's pretty basic (but it works, unlike some other panels)...is there a way to add more monitoring ports? Such as SMTP, icp, etc..? Maybe even the mail queue manager?

One more thing : In other control panels, when a reseller signs up and is given custom nameservers, they'll add the input from that field into WHM > Reseller Center > Edit priviledges, but won't actually add the A entries.

I would either need to do it manually, or wait until it resolves and click the "add A entry" button.

Does WHMCS do this automatically (actually add the A entries) ?

I think I'm becoming annoying..

It's not apparent in the demo, but I was wondering if it's currently within the software or will be available in the future :

Under "domains", will it show all the domains under the reseller (or addon domains for shared), or only the domains registered with the company (with the Enom plugin)?

Under "domains", will it show all the domains under the reseller (or addon domains for shared), or only the domains registered with the company (with the Enom plugin)?

It only shows domain registered with the company, it does not show reseller domains or domains under the reseller or.. addon/parked domains.

I would either need to do it manually, or wait until it resolves and click the "add A entry" button.

Does WHMCS do this automatically (actually add the A entries) ?

I believe you have to do the A entry manually.

I saw the monitoring system on a client of WHMCS (found the link on the forum). It's pretty basic (but it works, unlike some other panels)...is there a way to add more monitoring ports? Such as SMTP, icp, etc..? Maybe even the mail queue manager?

Right now the monitoring only support the basic and important ports, if you want it to track custom ports, you'll make a feature request I'm sure Matt will get this thing done sooner or later.

I was just wondering if there's any plans to perhaps support a windows control panel sooner or later.

Do not quote me on this but I think Matt is only going to focus on the cPanel/WHM hence he has lots of experience on it.

Also, I was looking around the demo, and wondered if it would be possible to implement a live chat into it (like Softlayer's). I'm a freak of management and organization, where I only want myself and staff to have one login to everything.

Softlayer uses a 3rd party chat client, their live chat isn't integrated. Can you expand and clarify this?

Also, in the support system, within a client trouble ticket, would it be possible to have links to their cPanel and reseller (or dedicated) WHM? I only looked over this part briefly, but didn't notice any.

What do you mean? The client's cpanel information at the footer of their message, so you can track and manage things easier? Well, it only takes 2 clicks to click on the client's name and the hosting tab at the top to find out their cpanel information, only if your too lazy to do it :-D But Matt can always find a way to implement it, so you can request this feature at the tracker.