Reseller's Billing and Signups

jasontd

Question

I have 2 questions I am not clear on.

1) How do we offer a billing solution to our Cpanel Resellers?

2) How do we offer an automated signup process for our reseller's new clients?

I can not figure this out after installing and configuring WHMCS. Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

Thank you!

8 answers to this question

This is not possible, your resellers would need their own billing system, this just allows auto creation for your new clients.

Not totally correct..

1) How do we offer a billing solution to our Cpanel Resellers?

You will need to order the reseller services from WHMCS, which can be found on

http://whmcs.com/resellers.php

2) How do we offer an automated signup process for our reseller's new clients?

You will resellers will need to get their own billing/automated system. Please check out the answer for your first question.

From,

Adam

So they need to purchase a reseller license from us after we signup as a reseller with WHMCS and this will only allow for billing and does not allow any type of automation for reseller's customers?

REALLY?

Hey,

If you sign up as a reseller with WHMCS then you can offer WHMCS to your clients. They do not need to sign up on WHMCS.com but they go to you.

From,

Adam

So they need to purchase a reseller license from us after we signup as a reseller with WHMCS and this will only allow for billing and does not allow any type of automation for reseller's customers?

REALLY?

Hey,

If you sign up as a reseller with WHMCS then you can offer WHMCS to your clients. They do not need to sign up on WHMCS.com but they go to you.

From,

Adam

Not to happy about that. Sorry after offering H-Sphere to our resellers for so long I am a little amazed at how Cpanel is setup and the client management systems offers for Cpanel. Hsphere is a complete solution for us and our resellers with no need to buy a bunch of additional licenses.

Adam thank you so much for clarifying this for me.

One last question. Does each instants of WHMCS run as it's own application in each reseller's account or is it just add the ability to the resellers from our installation and WHMCS runs in only one location? Hope that question is clear :)

One last question. Does each instants of WHMCS run as it's own application in each reseller's account or is it just add the ability to the resellers from our installation and WHMCS runs in only one location? Hope that question is clear :)

Hey,

WHMCS will only work with one copy of WHMCS. So if your customers have WHMCS and you have WHMCS you won't be able to change or view information that your customer has. None of the information that you or your customers have will be linked together.

So if you install WHMCS and your client installs WHMCS, your clients WHMCS will not contact or even use YOUR WHMCS install. This is totally different then that you are use to using H-Sphere as everything is built into one, control panel, billing, ordering.

So to answer your questions, each install of WHMCS is it its self an own application. It doesn't matter if you are a reseller, or have root access WHMCS is a "stand-alone" application.

I hope that answers your question :)

From,

Adam